Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Disney Junior. As always, all opinions are my own.
It’s no secret that we love Disney Junior in this house! Charlotte loves anything and everything Disney, and Disney Junior is one channel we could not live without. Ever since Charlotte was barely a toddler, she quickly fell in love with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. She loved the hotdog song, the bright colors, and the characters. Now she loves the new shows, Mickey & the Roadster Racers and Puppy Dog Pals, but of course Elena of Avalor and Sofia the First are still her favorites, too.
I have certainly fallen in love with Elena of Avalor; it makes me so happy to see a Latina princess who my daughter can look up to.
This summer, FriYAY mornings are extra special because Disney Junior has all new episodes of our favorite shows each week on the Disney Channel. The new episodes premiere first on the Disney Channel in the morning, usually 6 to 10 am, which is the perfect time for Charlotte and I to get some one on one time while our little baby Colin goes down for his first nap.
Now that it’s summertime, summer crafting spices up our TV time. To get us ready for a new episode of Puppy Dog Pals, we made puppets of Rolly & Bingo! Here’s what you’ll need to recreate our easy DIY.
Puppy Dog Pals DIY
- Printouts of Rolly & Bingo, found on the Disney Junior website here
- kid-safe scissors
- foam paper
- popsicle stick
- Print out the pages of Rolly & Bingo (found here).
- Have your child color both characters. We pulled up the Disney Junior app on our iPad, and I showed Charlotte what colors each Pug should be.
- Cut out two layers of foam paper to be shaped like the face of a dog. We did this to make the “puppet” a little sturdier.
- Glue the layers together, then glue the popsicle stick to the back side of the foam cutout.
- Have your child practice cutting the printout of Rolly and Bingo on his or her own for practice.
- Glue the puppy cutouts to each of the foam cutouts.
- Let dry and you’re all set for viewing a new episode of Puppy Dog Pals! Happy FriYAY!
Pull up the app.
Color & cut out your pieces.
Glue everything together.
Let dry and you’re all set!
Such a fun little craft to do in anticipation for one of our new favorite Disney Junior shows. It’s the perfect activity for a hot summer day when you’re wanting to stay indoors in the AC or when it’s a rainy day.
What Disney Junior show are you loving right now?
Thanks again to Disney Junior for sponsoring today’s post!