Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Disney Junior. As always, all opinions are my own.
When I was growing up, I would spend a lot of time at my Momo and Popo’s house (my maternal grandmother and grandfather). My most favorite memories of their home are the ones when we gathered as a family on the weekends, crowded around the small kitchen table, and dove into our favorite “Momo’s tacos” and conversation. My Momo has always made the best breakfast tacos, filled with an extra dash of love, and now that I have a family of my own, we’ve definitely tried to replicate them.
Charlotte loves them, and she also loves all things Elena of Avalor (evident from her 4th birthday party). I love Elena of Avalor as well, and I remember being so excited the moment Disney Junior announced its new Latina princess. Charlotte and I love watching it together, singing the songs, and laughing at the characters and stories.
We absolutely love Disney Junior, and this summer, FRiYAY mornings are extra special because Disney Junior has all new episodes of our favorite shows each week on the Disney Channel. The new episodes premiere first on the Disney Channel in the morning, usually 6 to 10 am, and we also have our favorite shows (Elena of Avalor, Puppy Dog Pals, Sofia the First, The Lion Guard, and Mickey and the Roadster Racers) set to record to our DVR.
I wanted to do something special for Charlotte, so I decided for the new episode of Elena of Avalor, we would have a breakfast taco party! She was thrilled about it, because this girl loves any excuse for a party. Throw in Elena of Avalor, and she is happy as a clam. I whipped up some yummy Momo’s breakfast tacos, and we had a little fiesta.
Here’s how to make our special Momo’s tacos.
- 1 lb. bacon
- butter gold potatoes
- 7 eggs
- flour tortillas
- Rinse and wrap butter gold potatoes with plastic wrap. Heat in microwave to soften. (About 2 minutes. Times will vary.) Set potatoes aside.
- Cut bacon into one-inch pieces. Fry in hot, large skillet until crisp.
- While bacon is frying, whisk eggs with a dash of milk.
- Remove crisp bacon from frying pan and set aside.
- Add in the softened potatoes to the bacon fat. Smash the potatoes until they crumble. Cook until golden brown, but do not burn!
- Add back the bacon into the pan, and add in the eggs.
- Cook until eggs are completely done.
- Warm up tortillas and store in a warmer.
- Add in your potato, bacon, and egg & enjoy!
You should definitely try these breakfast tacos if they’re not part of your breakfast menu. You could certainly get creative with the ingredients, too. We sometimes only do potato and egg, or we’ll make sausage and egg. The possibilities are endless!
I’m sure your little Elena of Avalor will love these for sure! These make for the perfect breakfast for Disney Junior‘s FRiYAY morning.
Thanks again to Disney Junior for sponsoring today’s post!