Happy first week first full week of fall, y’all! This past weekend was filled to the brim with downtime, and we so needed it around here. Michael and I were able to go to a couples baby shower for our dear friends, I got a new phone (I finally upgraded to 7+), and I made a new quinoa dish for dinner that we all gobbled up. I know how much y’all love easy, simple, and delicious recipes around here, so save this one to your recipe Pinterest board, because your whole family will love it!
Garlic & Chicken Mushroom Quinoa
- 1 cup of truRoots quinoa
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb of sliced mushrooms
- 5 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1-2 lbs. chicken thighs
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- In a large saucepan, add 2 cups of chicken broth and 1 cup of quinoa. Heat to a boil, then simmer, covered, for 15 minutes following the truRoots package instructions.
- While the quinoa is simmering, in a separate skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add mushrooms, garlic, red bell pepper, and thyme, and cook for about 3-4 minutes until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Throw in your chicken thighs to the veggies. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. Let chicken cook on one side for 10 minutes.
- The quinoa should be done by now. Turn heat off and fluff the quinoa like you would rice. Set aside.
- Return to chicken skillet. Flip chicken over after 10 minutes, season a dash more with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, combine the quinoa, chicken, and mushrooms.
- Serve immediately and garnish with parmesan cheese if you wish. Enjoy!
My family LOVED this dish! Colin even loved the quinoa plain. I think we have a new family favorite!
Now go and add this to your menu for the week, pin the recipe, and grab your 30% off Targeet Cartweel offer for your purchase of the truRoots quinoa! Offer is valid September 24-October 7, 2017.